Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sing my love for.. my life.



So, posting every day doesn't really work for me. Maybe I just don't have as much to say as I think I do, haha. However, I am proud of myself for not going a year inbetween blogs anymore. My problem is that sometimes I have things to say, that I know I can't say or shouldn't say - so I just try and steer clear of blogging for a few days to stop myself. I guess what's more important though, is that I am allowing myself the time to come and stare at a blank blog page for a little bit every day, just in case I have words that want to spill out onto these e-pages.


I started seriously working out recently, I may have mentioned that somewhere. Up until now I've been swimming regularly and walking every night, but nothing too extreme. I have started to include yoga into my daily life, and a more extreme work out every other day. It's about twenty minutes of intense work out that gets my heart pumping and dripping in sweat. Lovely image I know, I'm actually exaggerating I don't really drip sweat, I'm not a drippy kind of girl. Anyways, this routine is seriously kicking my ass but in such a good way. I love running through work and feeling my muscles yell at me, and knowing hey - that's progress right there. Progress I can -feel-. Tangible results. Who doesn't love tangible results? Also, I bought some yoga shorts last night for working out. It's the first time I've bought a 'yoga' based pant product in awhile, because I try not to wear material that stretches too often. It's killer to the weight loss. However, I have to say this was actually exciting for me. Last time I bought yoga pants they were an xxl, that tells you something. Last night I bought size L yoga shorts, and that felt great.

Next on the shit in my head list. Some of my best friends, who are extremely talented musicians, just released five new songs today. I'm going to post a link to where you can learn more about them, at the bottom of this blog. For now, can I just say that I love these people? Not only are they musically talented, I mean yes they sing great, they play instruments, they're talented, but lyrically, sometimes I think they may just be more than talented. Perhaps even brilliant. I am an avid music lover, I love a song that can talk to me in whatever mood I'm in. I understand the need for pop fluff, it's fun and easy and we all love fun and easy sometimes. Then there's the music that truly touches you, and through the years a lot of artists have made songs that truly touch me, but it is very rare that a single artist or group of artists consistantly make songs that really touch me. This is Third Wheel Tuesday for me. Not just my bias as their friend speaking here, but as an objective music lover. Their lyrics reach in and touch pieces of my soul, they make me want to shout "Yes, this, this right here is EXACTLY what I wanted to say and couldn't figure out HOW to say!". Rare and beautiful quality in a band, so I highly recommend you check them out.

Finally, I may have mentioned before how happy I am to have all three of my babies with  me, but I'm going to say it again. I spend so much time missing my family, and in those too few times where I have all of us together... I am in my element, I am my happiest, I am full. Having all three of my kids with me is like that. I come home and I see them all sleeping or they all rush out to meet me, and I think 'how lucky am I, seriously'. They are little, witty, funny, amazing, magical people who can lighten up any room and bring an instant smile to my face when I don't want to smile and I am so grateful for the relationship I have that allows me to have all of them together for a little while. Putting Logan's needs first is the most important part of being his mom, but missing him is the hardest thing. I am so grateful that he has a father who can and does take amazing care of him for the majority of the year. I am so grateful for the way we parent together, even miles apart. I am so grateful for the fact that I don't have to ever worry about Logan when he is with Chris, or vice versa. He knows he will come back to his Canada home at the end of the summer, and I know come Christmas Logan will be in my arms again.

In short, I am in love with my life. Totally and completely 100% head over heels in love with my life. Through the struggles I find strength. Through the drowning I learn to be a better swimmer. When it all gets to be just a bit much, I learn to remember that I have the best friends in the entire world, and the greatest kids.

 Promised links:
Third Wheel Tuesday on..
Reverbnation : http://www.reverbnation.com/thirdwheeltuesday you can hear all their music here, and download what you love the most all for free!
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thirdwheeltuesday you can follow them here, just go like their page for updates on new music, local shows, etc etc.
And if you really love them, you can get your TWT swag here : http://www.reverbnation.com/store/store/artist_779473?item_type=merchandise (I still really want a hoody guys, just sayin)


No comments:

Post a Comment